Start Booking your trip to Chios Island
We recommend the below options to book your hotels, flights, and activities in Chios island:
** Please note that we get a small commission if you book via our referral links. We use this to invest in new content and to update the Chios island Greece website.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://chiosislandgreece.com/
ALIOS TOURS, a private company with a registered address in Chios, 6, Tselepidi Street, Tax ID no.: EL997220726, Chios Tax Office, treats and processes your data with the strictest confidentiality and respect for your privacy and has in place all the technical and organizational measures necessary to further protect them.
What is personal data
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, contact number, etc., from now on referred to as “Personal Data or Data.”
What is personal data processing
Any operation or set of functions that are performed on personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Data protection officer
The DPO is Mrs Danai Koukoulommati.
What type of data do we collect
We only collect Personal Data we need from you for explicit and legitimate purposes. In particular, we may collect:
a) Identification data (i.e. name, surname, age)
b) Contact details (i.e., phone number, email address)
We do not collect data from minor users. If we find out that personal information has been collected a little, we make sure to delete it.
Why we collect your data
We collect your Personal Data to:
- execute an order
- contact you regarding your queries
- send you our newsletter
- manage our website and associated applications
- provide third parties with statistics regarding the use of our website without enabling the identification of a user
- keep our website and related applications safe and secure, and prevent fraud
- allow you to send us your feedback
Which legal basis do we use for the processing of your data
We process your Personal Data by:
- the terms of our contractual relationship, i.e., the sale of products and services;
- your consent, where necessary;
- the Company’s obligations under the law (i.e., tax laws);
- the Company’s legitimate interests
Who are the recipients of your personal data
Only Company employees with a “right to know” have access to your Personal Data, and they are bound by a duty of confidentiality.
Furthermore, we may disclose your Personal Data to associate companies providing website development, maintenance, and hosting services, including newsletter management and sending services, which act as Processors.
How do we ensure that processors respect your personal data
Our Processors have agreed to and are bound to:
- maintain personal data in the strictest confidence;
- not to transfer your Personal Data to third parties without the Company’s permission;
- take any appropriate security measures;
- comply with the legal framework for protecting personal data, especially Regulation 979/2016/EU (GDPR).
Do we transmit your data outside the EU?
Your Personal Data is stored and processed only within the EU. We do not transmit your Data outside the EU.
When do we erase your data
The Personal Data you provide us is retained/stored by our Company for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you have shared your Personal Data to us unless legal claims or legal obligations compel us to retain them for longer. At the end of such a retention period, your Personal Data will be deleted or anonymized to be used for statistical analysis and business planning.
We maintain your newsletter sign-up form for as long as you receive a newsletter from our Company and under no circumstances longer than six (6) months from our last newsletter to you.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable our website to operate. They do not collect information about visitors that could be used for marketing reasons, nor do they remember webpages those visitors have browsed through. greecefoodies.com uses 4 different types of cookies:
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are necessary to display advertisements related to the user’s preferences. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Every time you visit our website, we use the services provided by third-party advertising companies to show advertising content to you. These companies may use information (excluding your name, address, email address, or phone number) collected during your visits to our website and third-party sites to offer you advertising content for goods and services that suits your interests. Click here to learn more about how they do that and how you can restrict this information from being used by advertising companies.
- Statistics Cookies: These cookies measure user traffic and help the administrators of www.greecefoodies.com to improve the website content and offer the best experience for visitors. These cookies do not collect information that could identify the visitor.
- Preference Cookies: Cookies help www.greecefoodies.com to display personalized content for the user.
You can enable/disable or delete cookies installed on your computer through your Internet browser settings.
Where cookies in your browser are not allowed, you may not have access to some of the services, and your user experience may not be as expected.
You can change your initial choices on greecefoodies.com by clicking here.
Are your personal data safe?
Acknowledging the importance of having your Personal Data safe, we have put in place all appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure and protect your Data from any unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, restricted dissemination, disclosure, loss or accidental/unlawful destruction, and any other form of illegal processing. These measures are reviewed and amended where necessary.
What are your rights?
a) the right of access means the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data;
b) the right to rectification means the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified;
c) the right to erasure means the right to have your personal data erased;
d) the right to restriction of processing when the accuracy of the personal data is contested, unlawful, or for other reasons;
e) the right to data portability means the right to receive the personal data you have provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and also request that this data be transmitted to another controller; and
f) the right to object to processing your personal data unless there are compelling and legitimate processing reasons that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms.
How can you exercise your rights
You may exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com.
When do we respond to your requests
We will respond to your request free of charge and without undue delay, and in any case, within one (1) month from receiving your request. However, if your request is complicated or you have sent us a large number of Requests, we will inform you within the same month if we need to delay your response by another (2) two months, within which we will make sure to respond to you.
Suppose your Requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular, due to their recurring nature. In that case, the Company may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing information or performing the requested action, or refuse to follow up on a Request providing the necessary justification.
If you do not receive a response within the time limit provided above, your response was unsatisfactory, or your issue has not been resolved, you may contact the Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
What is the applicable law for the processing of your data by us
The Greek law, following its alignment with the General Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data 2016/679/EU, is the applicable law and, more generally, the current national and European legislative and regulatory framework for protecting personal data. The competent courts will hear any disputes relating to your Data on Athens.
How can you be informed about any updates to this policy
This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy was last updated on 1/9/2022.